Consistency, Adaptability and Control
With an aim to ensure the highest quality, the utmost consistency and 100% control, Rogue Wines manages all stages of production: from the ground up.
- Own vineyards (263 hectares) – consistent fruit year on year
- Own winery – ensures highest quality and consistency
- Own brands – tailored for various markets
- Own distribution – 100% control
Our Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris vineyards are located in Marlborough New Zealand, but with a slight departure from the rest of the pack. Our vineyards are up off the flats, on the ridges of the Waihopai Valley. The result is a more restrained vigour due to the stoney, clay based soil and hasher conditions. Low yields create a more restrained style wine, with minerality, complexity and a balance to the Marlborough norm. More density and weight.
The winery has a crushing capacity of 7,000 tonnes (60,000 dozen cartons). The second step to being able to control not only quality, but also flexibility to fulfill orders niche, complex, and grand in scale.
New Zealand Vineyards Unique and Memorable
- Departure from the Marlborough norm
- High altitude, low yielding
- Harsh climates and clay based soils naturally restrict vigour
- Resultant wines generally more restrained, with minerality, complexity and great balance