Who are we?
Three mates who studied at University together who decided to produce our own wine using the combination of our experiences and knowledge. Matt, Ant and Simon, each from various backgrounds and core experiences. Matt Farrah draws experience from a successful and varied retail ownership background. Ant Moore is an award winning Winemaker. Simon Rees is trained and experienced in Advertising and Marketing.
What makes us different? We own our own vineyards in New Zealand, make wine in our own winery and distribute it ourselves direct from the source. This allows us to deliver high quality at great prices. Following our love of craft beverages we’ve branched into boutique spirits from some of the best distilleries around the world.
Of course the most important ingredient of producing high quality wines is the winemaker, that’s the domain of our partner Ant Moore. He’s won plenty of awards and many say he is a maverick – combining traditional and unique winemaking techniques to produce exceptional wines.
By working with Ant and other viticulturists, vintners and distillers, we are able to bring you quality wines for every occasion, be it a weekend bar-b or special event.
The growth of Rogue Wines has meant that we now distribute wine and spirits for a variety of outstanding producers from around Australia and the world.
We are passionate about what we do and like to break new ground for our clients. We adapt, refine, change, lead and are business-flexible to find and deliver the best solutions for all.
We choose to employ environmentally sustainable business practices and work with environmentally aware producers. By doing this we aim to contribute to a sustainable future for our industry and planet
We hope you come to do business with us and our journey is fruitful and enjoyable.
- Australian born. Raised in the Hunter Valley.
- CSU Graduate, boutique and commercial winery work history.
- Moved to Marlborough, New Zealand in 2002 to undertake role as winemaker for Isabel Estate.
- Drove Catalina Sounds and Crowded House brands. Devised the style, and produced all the wines within these brands. Built total production to greater than 120,000 cases of premium to ultra premium wine in 4 years.
- Recently awarded best Pinot Noir under $20 by Winestate
- “I try to make wines that are balanced first and foremost, and have refinement and interest. Their complexity is often subtle rather than overt, and they are made with food in mind. When approaching my winemaking, I am very open minded, I listen to others but will often take a path that many would not.” Ant Moore